The Research and Development Standing Committee (R&D SC) acts as the strategic advisor to ENFSI on matters of Research and Development in a broad sense.
The aims of the R&D SC are:
- Provide leadership and focus on matters of Research and Development to ENFSI
- Improve knowledge transfer between individual stakeholder groups (scientists, police, and lawyers), researchers and practitioners
- Improve the funding of ENFSI research topics
These aims shall be achieved through:
- Developing and maintaining ENFSI’s Research and Development Strategy to meet the priorities of the ENFSI community.
- Carrying out the activities in order to implement ENFSI’s Research and Development Strategy.
- Providing information to ENFSI members on relevant research and development topics.
- Identifying potential funding sources (e.g. EU-programs) and coordinating with those who provide these funds.
- Stimulating initiatives in areas of strategic importance e.g. those that maybe common to a number of ENFSI members or Expert Working Groups.
- Facilitating joint-research between laboratories internationally.
- Supporting and facilitating communication between all actors involved in research and forensic and end users to affect the transfer of knowledge.
- Maintaining web-based pages on research and development.
- Supporting the organisers of EAFS Triennial Meetings and other open activities in the area of research and development.
The current R&D SC committee members are:
- Marcel van der Steen – Chairman
- Christophe Champod – Member
- Jim Fraser – Member
- Michael Puetz – Member
- Birgitta Rasmusson – Member
- Dariusz Zuba – Member
- Laurence Dujourdy – Member
- Bart Nys – Member
- Colin Aitken – Associate member
- Walther Parson – Associate member
- Lourdes Puigbarraca I Sol – ENFSI Board representative