Name of institute (national language)Rigspolitiet, Nationalt Kriminalteknisk Center
Name of institute (English language)Danish National Police, National Forensic Service
DirectorHenrik Rasmus Soenderby, Chief Superintendent
ENFSI’s permanent representative
DK - 2720
T:+45 33 14 88 88
F:+45 45 15 00 11
- Founded in 1939 (Fingerprint in 1904)
- Department under the National Commisioner.
- ENFSI member since 1998.
- Accreditation: Aims to be accreditated within 2009.
- Traditional Forensic Laboratories such as:
Biology, Pathology, Toxiocology, Anthropology, Chemistry etc. are not a part of KTC, but are mainly self-governing University Laboratories under the state.
Managerial data (2018)
- Total staff: 155 full time equivalents
- Forensic Practioners/Forensic Techinicians : 132
- Scene of Crime, Fire and Explosion, Marks – scene and lab. (shoe-, tool- and tyre print etc.), Ballistics, weapons and ammunition – scene and lab., Documents and handwriting, Fingerprint – scene and lab., Digital Evidence, The National DNA-database.
- 38,000 cases
- 99,000 exhibits
- 108,000 expert reports