Name of institute (national language)Institutul Naţional de Criminalistică (INC)
Name of institute (English language)National Forensic Science Institute (NFSI)
ENFSI’s permanent representative
AddressŞtefan cel Mare, no. 13-15, Sector 2
T:+4 021 208 25 25, int. 26938
F:+4 021 316 53 70
- Founded in 1970 with attributions in conducting crime scene investigations in case of serious events and large scale disasters, examining the evidence in its own laboratories and issuing the required expertise reports;
- National Forensic Science Institute is subordinated to the General Inspectorate of the Romanian Police, Ministry of Administration and Interior;
- It’s the National Contact Point for the automatic exchange of dactiloscopic & DNA data according to the Prüm Treaty and personal data with the Member States through the International Police Cooperation Centre;
- Administrates 5 national databases: AFIS, Imagetrak, CDN, IBIS and DNA database. Moreover, the Institute administrates the EURODAC national connexion;
- Accreditation since 2006 based on ISO 17025;
- ENFSI member since 2005.
Managerial data (2010
- Total staff: 91 (full time);
- Case load: 1.549 forensic reports.
Fields of expertise
- All traditional forensic fields as well as Crime Scene Investigation, Voice and Audio, IT Forensics, Photo/Video, Fingerprints, Physical and Chemical Expertise, DNA and Facial Reconstruction.