Name of institute (national language)Eolaíocht Fhóiréinseach Éireann
Name of institute (English language)Forensic Science Ireland (FSI)
ENFSI’s permanent representative
AddressGarda HQ, Phoenix Park
- Founded in 1975 as an associated agency of the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
- Accreditation based on ISO17025 since 2003;
- Founding member ENFSI 1992
Managerial data (2008)
- Total staff; 100 FTEs
- Forensic Scientists 55 FTEs
- Total Budget 7.6 million euro
- Case load; 15,334 cases, 13,374 of which consist of Controlled Drug analysis.
- Crime scene visits 31
- Attendance at court to deliver expert evidence 120
- Telephone advise available to Gardai 24/7
- Forensic examination and analysis is carried out for all key physical, chemical and biological evidence types. Increasingly most of our resources are devoted to Drug analyses and DNA examinations.