23. October 2019
On 25-27 September 2019 the International Scientific Practical conference on “Current Problems of Forensic Expert Activities. Contemporary Problems, Trends and Prospects of Development of Criminalistics and Forensic Expertise” took place in Yerevan, Armenia. The conference was dedicated to the 15th anniversary of the establishment of ‘’National Bureau of Expertise’’ state non-profit organization of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia, ENFSI member institute.
The program of the international scientific-practical conference includes the following main areas:
- organizational and procedural aspects of forensic expertise, features of methodological, organizational and legal groundwork,
- scientific-technical and technical-criminalistics maintenance of forensic expert activities, features of introduction of modern research methods and testing tools for addressing issues of forensic expertise,
- harmonization of the needs of forensic expert activities as one of the means of mechanisms of creation of a single organizational and scientific-methodical approach to the production of forensic expertise,
- problems of the theory and practice of forensic expertise and research, features of assigning and production of forensic expertise – new challenges, new solutions,
- contemporary methodological and technological approaches to examination of evidence,
- development prospects and features of conducting complex interdisciplinary forensic expertise using the modern achievements of the natural, technical and human sciences,
- modern approaches to continuous education and improvement of experts, training of employees of competent authorities, who has the responsibility to assign expertise, modern aspects of testing.
Acknowledging the active involvement of NBE-Yerevan in ENFSI, the ENFSI Chairperson Michael Bovens highly appreciated the invitation to the conference. Unfortunately not being able to attend this important event personally, he took the opportunity to send a video-message which was shown at the opening of the conference.
Please find attached the press release on the event. Following the link below, you’ll find some further impressions: