Aims and objectives
To exchange information by means of:
- a repeated audit of individual institutes capabilities, skills and resources
- setting up and maintaining a DIWG website with secure and public pages
- defining and updating a priority list of forensic problems
To develop best practice by means of:
- sharing validation reports and methods
- organizing a meeting once or twice a year to discuss casework
- setting up communication channels for emerging technologies
To establish standards:
- best practice manuals and guidelines
- programs for quality assurance and certification
- proficiency tests
To exchange data:
- collaborative tests of methods and technology
- information about emerging technologies
- casework problem exchange
- Chairperson: Patrick De Smet (NICC – Belgium)
- Deputy Chairperson: –
- Steering Committee: QCC liaison: Lucy Neale (Metropolitan police – UK): R&D liaison: Giovanni Tessitore (Forensic Science Police Service – Italy); Secretary: Daniela Treude (BKA-Germany); FIC subgroup lead: Sergio Castro Martinez (Comisaria General de Policia Cientifica – Spain); 3D imaging subgroup lead: Bart Hoogeboom / Derk Vrijdag (NFI – Netherlands); Image Technology lead: Erik Krupicka (BKA – Germany); Treasurer: Stefan Ott (BKA – Germany); Webadmin: –
You can find the EWG’s Best Practice Manuals and Guidelines here in the Documents-Section.
You can contact the Digital Imaging Working Group Chairman – Mr. Patrick de Smet, the members of its steering committee and the Working Group’s webeditor via our contact form.
Otherwise you can send an e-mail to DIWG@enfsi.eu.