Aims and objectives
The European Fingerprint Working Group (EFP-WG) promotes development and improvement in the fields of fingerprint detection, imaging and comparison through:
- regular meetings, providing opportunities for the development of professional relationships, training through presentations and workshops, and exchanges of experience.
- awareness and collaboration in research and development.
- promotion of quality management through publication of a Best Practice Manual, support of external accreditation and collaborative tests.
The EFP-WG is managed and organized by a Steering Committee elected from the members. There are two permanent Sub Groups:
- Detection: formed of members who specialize in the location and recovery of fingerprints.
- Identification: formed of members who undertake comparison of fingerprints.
Sub Committees are formed to consider specific issues, for example collaborative testing.
You can find the EWG’s Best Practice Manuals and Guidelines here in the Documents-Section.
You can contact EFP-WG chairman Aldo Mattei via our contact form. Please state clearly who your message is addressed to.
Otherwise you can send an e-mail to EFP@enfsi.eu.
Please find here the Framework of the Fingerprint Working Group