Aims and objectives
The ENFSI EWG Firearms/GSR is the European organisation of experts in one of the most interesting disciplines of forensic science. – It combines scientific experience in the fields of firearms identification (FAID), firearms technique, gunshot residues (GSR) and scenes of crime reconstruction in firearms offences. According to the Terms of Reference (ToR), in compliance with the goals of ENFSI, world-wide associated members join in the annual meetings and the projects of the EWG Firearms/GSR.
EWG Firearms/GSR was founded in 1995 in Rijswijk. It is governed by a steering committee and consists of two subgroups:
- firearms (FA)
- gunshot residues (GSR)
The interests of these subgroups have an overlap. The Steering Committee consists of five members each from both fields of expertise (FA, GSR).
- Chairperson: Zuzanna Brozek-Mucha – IFR Krakow (Poland)
- Secretary: Matteo Dongi – RaCIS, Italy (GSR)
- Treasurer: Jan De Ceuster – NICC, Belgium (FA)
- Web Editor: Thomas Liebscher – BKA, Germany (FA)
- QCLG: Ludwig Niewöhner – BKA, Germany (GSR)
- R&D Liaison: Alice Walters – Metropolitan Police, UK (FA)
Further steering committee members:
- Amalia Brouwer-Stamouli – NFI, Netherlands (GSR)
- Fabiano Riva – University of Bern, Switzerland (FA)
- Artem Likhachev – RFCFS, Russia (FA)
- Kal Chana, Cellmark Forensic Services, UK
Temporary guest member, responsible for organising the previous and next annual meeting:
- Cédric Sautier, IRCGN, French Gendarmerie
- Thierry Dodier, IRCGN, French Gendarmerie
You can contact the Firearms/GSR chairs by sending an email through our contact form. Please state clearly who your message is addressed to.