International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics 2013
2013-04-04 - 2013-04-05
The International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF) is organized by COST Action IC1106, “Integrating Biometrics and Forensics for the Digital Age”. It is an international forum devoted specifically to the development of synergies between the biometrics recognition and forensic science research areas. IWBF provides the meeting place for those concerned with the usage of biometric recognition systems in forensic science applications, attracting participants from industry, research, academia and users.
Topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to:
- Biometric evidence for forensic evaluation and investigation
- Audiovisual biometrics for forensics examination
- Soft biometrics for forensics examination
- Forensic behavioural biometrics
- Biometric analysis of crime scene traces and their forensic interpretation
- Combination of multimodal biometrics with other forensic evidence
- Ethical and societal implications of emerging forensics biometrics
- Anil Jain, Michigan State University, USA
- Niels Lynnerup, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Christophe Champod, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Prospective authors are invited to submit original and unpublished work, in English, with up to 4 pages, including results, figures and references. Submissions will be accepted in PDF format and should be made using the on-line submission system.
- November 19, 2012 Paper Submission
- January 10, 2013 Notification of acceptance
- February 10, 2013 Submission of camera-ready papers
- February 15, 2013 Author Registration
Accepted papers will be published in IEEE Xplore.
Authors of the best accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended and updated version for consideration for publication in IET Biometrics, probably in the form of a Special Issue.