Welcome to the web pages of the European Network of Forensic Handwriting Experts ENFHEX.
Aims and objectives
ENFHEX is an Expert Working Group of the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes (ENFSI) and supports the aims and objectives of ENFSI in the area of Forensic Handwriting Examination. The activities of ENFHEX will be directed to:
- Exchange of information and expertise
- Support on technical issues
- Promoting quality assurance, proficiency testing and collaborative exercises
- Harmonisation of examination procedures and techniques
- Co-operation in research and development activities
The Business Meeting decides upon a detailed list of Aims and Objectives, which will be updated every two years.
Structure of the Working Group
There are three types of membership: Member, Associate Member and Guest.
Membership of ENFHEX is open to representatives from all ENFSI member institutes. Members have to be active in the area of forensis handwriting examination. The director of the ENFSI institute may nominate one representative to apply for membership (one representative per institute). Members of ENFHEX have voting rights.
Representatives from other (non-ENFSI) institutes which are active in the field of forensic handwriting examination can apply for associate membership (one representative per institute). Acceptance of Institute representatives as Associate Members, in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Working Group, will be decided by a majority vote in the Steering Committee. The Chair will have the casting vote.
Conditions for Associate Membership are as follows:
- must be practicing forensic examination of handwriting
- must have written methods and procedures or working towards these
- must take part in ENFHEX proficiency tests or be ISO accredited (or demonstrably working towards accreditation)
- must not be a sole practitioner.
Membership would be dependent on agreement by the Steering Committee who reserve the right to ask the full ENFSI member in that country to act as referee. Associate members have no voting rights.
Guests may be admitted to ENFHEX meetings at the discretion of the Steering Committee (on a meeting by meeting basis). Applications for the attendance of Guests shall be dealt with at the forthcoming Steering Committee Meeting if received at least two months prior to this meeting. The Steering Committee will decide on acceptance or rejection of Guests by simple majority. Guests admitted to ENFHEX meetings have no voting rights.
- Tomasz Dziedzic – ENFHEX Chairman
- Jonathan Morris – ENFHEX Deputy Chairman
- Maria João Branco – Secretary
- Nicole Crown-Burri – Website Editor
- Jana Aumeistere – Quality & Competence liaison person
- George Chrysanthou – Education & Training liaison person
- Nikolaos Kalantzis – Research & Development liaison person
- Andreia Vieira – Treasurer