1st International Scientific and Practical Conference “Current Problems of Forensic Expertology, Criminalistics and Criminal Procedure” in Kyiv, Ukraine
15. November 2019
On November 05, 2019 at the initiative of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, 1st International Scientific and Practical Conference “Current Problems of Forensic Expertology, Criminalistics and Criminal Procedure” took place in Kyiv.
The scientific event brought together at the round table leading Ukrainian and foreign scientists, scientists and practitioners who are the founders of modern forensic activity in particular and forensic science in general, among which there are ENFSI member-institutes.
Within the framework of the conference, the speakers presented to the audience presentations on the history and development of forensic examination, implementation of modern working methods and the emergence of new types of forensic examinations.
The agenda included scientific reports on the following topics:
• “Topical issues of forensic examination development on the example of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine”;
• Historical milestones in the development of forensic examination in Ukraine;
• “Standards of proof “reasonable suspicion”;
• “Problems of the theory and practice of the forensic science in the context of reforming the criminal justice system of Ukraine”;
• “Reformatting the subject-zonal principle of organizing the activity of prosecution authorities”;
• “Methodologies as a reflection of the integrative nature of forensic science”;
• “Appointment of an examination by a court at the request of a party to criminal proceedings”.
In a welcoming address, Oleksandr Ruvin, Director of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise noted that the modern Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise has much to be proud of and continues the development path. The Institute’s specialists carry out more than 95 types of forensic examinations and expert studies, international cooperation is developing dynamically and scientific work is being implemented as well and KFI presented to our colleagues the up-to-date edition in the field of forensic examination – the textbook “Forensic examinations in the procedural law of Ukraine”.
Thanks for the great work! Cool blog. There are a number of opinions on this topic and this blog states the issue extremely great.